How to Explore Art Materials like Scientists?
Tape on a cardboard different materials to draw on and use different materials to draw with, like markers and crayons.
Before drawing you can ask:
* What do you expect?
* Can you draw on all sheets?
* You are curious about …?
* Which material do you prefer to draw on?
Start working and observe what happens.
You can ask:
* How does it feel to draw on different sheets?
* How does it look like?
* Does the marker or crayon stay on?
* Which material do you prefer?
* Do you like the result?
* What did you learn?
* What will you do next time?
A simple way to train inquiry based learning.