Inquiry Based Learning starts by posing problems, questions or scenario’s.
Some characteristics of Inquiry Based Learning:
• Developing questioning, research and communication skills
• Solving problems or creating solutions
• Collaboration within and beyond the classroom
• Developing deep understanding
• Participating in the public creation and improvement of ideas and knowledge
The next video tells us the story of students from the Calgary Science School. They studied fruit decomposition. You can see all the knowledge and skills they develop through a study such as this.